It’s been said Adam and Eve were the happiest, and the luckiest, couple in the world, because neither of them had a mother-in-law. Luckily for me I was blessed with a great mother-in-law, who I miss greatly. She was one of the most caring and loving people that I have ever met, and she treated with...
WASHINGTON – It’s once again drawing close to that time when, as Pete Townsend famously wrote, “I’ll get on my knees and pray we don’t get fooled again’’ Fat chance. The presidential...
The football Wildcats are now in a survival mode this week after a critical 17-10 victory over South Carolina last Saturday night. The home win over the Gamecocks, one of UK’s beatable opponents on the...
Keith Taylor: UK shelves ‘Air Raid’ in favor of running game anchored by vet Williams and newcomer Snell
If it’s not broke don’t fix it. That’s the approach Kentucky’s offensive coaching staff has taken during the past two weeks with the emergence of freshman running back Benny Snell, who has teamed...
Subscribe to Business
Gov. Matt Bevin and Labor Cabinet Secretary Derrick Ramsey presented Lockheed Martin with the Governor’s Safety and Health Award for working 2,425,069...
- More »
- OneJet adding twice daily non-stop service between Pittsburgh and Cincinnati beginning Oct. 19
- BBB Trends: Clever brand marketing tricks may give impression of commitment to charity, but beware
- FedEx to hire more than 500 seasonal workers at facility in Independence in coming months
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Special recipe for Kern's family Derby Pie remains a secret after over 50 years
- Christine Luken: Confessions of a 'coupon queen' -- here's how to save money without coupons
Subscribe to Government
The Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) has approved the sale of the 107-customer Ridgewood sewer system in Franklin County to the state’s largest...
- More »
- It's not too late to get involved in annual Adopt a Highway 'Fall Sweep' program
- State announces $2.5 million AML pilot grant for eKentucky Advanced Manufacturing Institute
- Montell to resign House seat to accept post as deputy secretary of Education and Workforce Cabinet
- Kentucky Labor Cabinet schedules free OSHA Training in Louisville Oct. 3-6
- Bevin appoints seven to Equine Drug Research Council; Fisk to racing health and welfare fund
Subscribe to Health
By Dr. Matthew Ellsworth Special to KyForward The Achilles tendon is the largest of the tendons in your body. It connects your calf muscle to your heel...
- More »
- Norton Healthcare announces name change for Louisville facility to place emphasis on children
- Use of e-cigarettes during pregnancy may be common, but still not considered a good idea
- SmartHealthToday: Healthy change can start with little steps -- and results can be amazing
- U.S. attorney general hears from Central Kentucky families of overdose victims, solutions offered
- Shared hometown helps Maysville man make life-saving decision for heart procedure
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Eastside Technical Center students team with pros for annual clinic offering free vehicle inspectionsEastside Technical Center students will work alongside some of Lexington’s top technicians at the 27th annual Bluegrass Car Care Clinic, which offers...
- More »
- Kentucky Bar Foundation awards $15,000 grant to Chrysalis House for women court system program
- Invincible Spirit Cemetery dedication part of Our Mims Retirement Haven's upcoming open house
- UK pediatrics chief receives Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass Legacy of Love Award
- Top local chefs join forces for annual March of Dimes signature auction for healthier babies
- Sunrise Children's Services hosting block party to raise awareness for children in crisis
Subscribe to Education
A significant change is on the way for students applying for need-based scholarships and grants made available by the Kentucky Lottery, affecting how tens...
- More »
- Two from Northern Kentucky among 10 state students to earn U of L Grawemeyer scholarships
- University of Kentucky product Chad Yelton finds dream job as VP of communications at Cincinnati Zoo
- Governor's School for Entrepreneurs relocating to Transylvania University campus for 2017-18
- Making the Rules: Arlington Elementary School students allowed to make the rules on campus
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School student receives leadership award during state GEAR UP Week
Subscribe to Sports
The football Wildcats are now in a survival mode this week after a critical 17-10 victory over South Carolina last Saturday night. The home win over the...
- More »
- Keith Taylor: UK shelves 'Air Raid' in favor of running game anchored by vet Williams and newcomer Snell
- Art Lander's Outdoors: Wildlife held for use in public trust, managed for benefit of all citizens
- Camp out for Big Blue Madness begins Wednesday; tickets for Blue-White scrimmage now on sale
- Champion Tepin headlines all-star roster of nominations for Keeneland’s Fall Stars Weekend
- Louisville seeking fast start going into high-stakes ACC showdown at Clemson
Subscribe to News
By Jenny Wells Special to KyForward As part of its commitment to transparency and continuous improvement in campus safety, University of Kentucky officials...
- More »
- Kentucky Office of Homeland Security announces recipients for state's $2.7 million grant program
- Youth smoking rate in Kentucky reaches historic low; sees 10 percent decline over past decade
- Remembering why The King of Golf, Arnold Palmer, was so beloved -- the legend was a gentleman
- Are you one of them? 35 million eligible American voters are not yet registered to vote
- Fire Prevention Festival at Masterson State Park highlights week of activities
Subscribe to Region/State
Voters in in Appalachian coal states favor transitioning away from coal, and a bill in Congress to help fund the effort, says a poll conducted by the Sierra...
- More »
- 'Be the HERO, STOP the Bullying' is theme of Kentucky Safe Schools Week -- take the pledge
- Sierra Club, LG&E reach agreement that includes $1 million investment in watershed restoration
- Kentucky State Parks have boo-tiful plans to celebrate Halloween throughout October
- NKyTribune files objection to NKU's motion to gag individuals, seal records on Jane Doe lawsuit
- Big Bone Lick State Historic Site celebrates pioneer lifestyle through 34th annual Salt Festival
Subscribe to Living
It’s been said Adam and Eve were the happiest, and the luckiest, couple in the world, because neither of them had a mother-in-law. Luckily for me I...
- More »
- Bee Buzz: Interesting things to know about bees during National Honey Bee Month
- University of Kentucky Opera Theatre kicks off 2016-17 season with Tony Award-winning Ragtime
- Kentucky by Heart: My only sibling is not only something special; he is one of the best
- Daily Yonder: Working around miners, it's sometimes hard to know when you're hearing the truth
- Chef Foster: With temperatures in the 90s, it's hard to think about cool weather food that's on the way
Subscribe to Opinion
WASHINGTON – It’s once again drawing close to that time when, as Pete Townsend famously wrote, “I’ll get on my knees and pray we don’t...
- More »
- Constance Alexander: Accessibility is a legal right, not just a special event
- Commentary: U.S. Civil Rights Commission report deserves to get more attention -- and it will
- Commentary: Right to work proposal not worker freedom, it's called free-loading
- Jeff Rubin: Employing older workers just makes good business sense
- Commentary: Automation’s dominance poses challenges to workforce, economy