The Kentucky Derby history book is brimming over with fascinating stories, but it’s safe to say there’s never been one quite like the harrowing tale surrounding Antonio Sano, the Venezuelan trainer who was kidnapped twice – once for 36 horrible days – before finally getting hooked up with Gunnevera,...
By Kevin Kelly Special to KyForward An expansion from its historic range in the interior plains brought the coyote to Kentucky where as recently as the early 1970s sightings of these animals were still...
By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward Despite blustery wind in their faces, students in the after-school art club from Cardinal Valley Elementary hit a home run outside Whitaker Bank Ballpark with their...
Calumet Farm’s 16-1 longshot Quiet Business took command in the final furlong to win the 1½-mile Bewitch (G3) before 18,057 fans at Keeneland on Friday’s closing day of the 2017 Spring Meet. Quiet...
Subscribe to Business
The Alltech Ideas Conference (ONE17) is gathering top business leaders for an inside look at how to create, and maintain, a successful company. ONE17,...
- More »
- 'Game-changer': Braidy Industries to build $1.3B mill in Greenup, create 550 advanced manufacturing jobs
- Keven Moore: It's spring and the motorcycles are back on the road -- don't become a statistic
- More than a pretty face, UK study demonstrates agriculture’s impact on Woodford County’s economy
- BBB Trends: Dreaming of starting your own business? National Small Business Week coming up
- Three leaders of industry earn induction into UK Gatton College of Business Alumni Hall of Fame
Subscribe to Government
Interapt LLC, a tech development startup focusing on business innovation services and workforce development, will establish a new Louisville headquarters...
- More »
- Grant funding available for counties to use recycled waste tires in asphalt paving projects
- Bevin names five to water well certification board; two selected for board of podiatry
- State Department of Public Health uses 52 Weeks Campaign to spotlight laboratory services
- Programs that provide services to victims of violent crimes can now apply for federal grants
- 'End Panhandling Now' van to offer ride, job to those asking for help, Mayor Gray anounces
Subscribe to Health
Nancy G. Atkins has been appointed Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Insurance (DOI), and Patrick O’Connor has been named Deputy Commissioner...
- More »
- Coach Colene: Unexpected, non-traditional self-care strategies can provide a lifestyle boost
- Kentucky leads nation in percentage of residents who smoke, leading to highest cancer rate in U.S.
- Mouth guards an important -- and often forgotten -- part of safety equipment for sports enthusiasts
- UK's 'Chefs In Action' program teaches patients, staff about techniques for healthy cooking
- Half of state adults know someone who is depressed, 30 percent don't know where to call for treatment
Subscribe to Philanthropy
“It’s the party before the party!” That’s how Legacy Ball organizer Ron Mack describes the free Legacy Ball Community Kickoff event, scheduled...
- More »
- UK Police Department, Raising Cane's combine for fundraiser for university-sponsored Honor Flight
- Guest list for annual Barnstable Brown Derby Eve Gala diabetes and obesity fundraiser announced
- KSP contingent visits Norton Children's Hospital to distribute 90 'Trooper Teddy' bears
- UK women's assistant coach Elzy presents $40,000 to Summitt Foundation for Alzheimer's research
- Central Kentucky Riding for Hope, Cardinal Hill team to offer specialized summer program
Subscribe to Education
Bellarmine University’s board of trustees announced that Dr. Sharon Kerrick will become dean of Bellarmine’s W. Fielding Rubel School of Business. Kerrick,...
- More »
- Artists from Cardinal Valley Elementary brighten electrical boxes outside of Legends' stadium
- Tulane professor Crawford appointed next dean of Brandeis School of Law at U of L
- Top 20 high schools in Kentucky, according to U.S. News report; Dupont Manual in Louisville is tops
- Former Northeastern State administrator Arant named academic affairs vice president at MSU
- Henry Clay, Lafayette lead Fayette County high school rankings in U.S. News & World Report review
Subscribe to Sports
The Kentucky Derby history book is brimming over with fascinating stories, but it’s safe to say there’s never been one quite like the harrowing tale...
- More »
- Western Kentucky lineman Lamp goes to Chargers in second round, highest draft pick in program history
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Now a common presence in state, coyotes coexist in the urban landscape
- Calumet's Quiet Business captures Bewitch with late surge on closing day of Keeneland’s Spring Meet
- Kentucky Derby fans can place bets, watch big race on big screen at Red Mile's Derby Fest 2017
- Shadwell Stable's Mutazen gains control from the start, pulls away in stretch to notch Wild Air Purse
Subscribe to News
Keeneland successfully concluded its 2017 Spring Meet on Friday as exceptional racing, enhanced food and hospitality offerings, one-of-a-kind special events...
- More »
- People in the News: Commerce Lexington promotes Tyra; Blankenship to receive Medal of Excellence
- Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event gets underway Thursday at the Horse Park
- Young undocumented workers in Kentucky contribute more than $9 million in state, local taxes
- Kentucky ranks fourth-lowest in national WalletHub study of addiction to gambling
- Rural Blog: CBS feature shows Appalshop as kind of business that would be hurt by cuts in arts' budget
Subscribe to Region/State
Nine outstanding teachers from across the state – three elementary, three middle and three high school teachers – are semifinalists for the 2018 Kentucky...
- More »
- Unemployment rates dropped in 55 Kentucky counties in March; Woodford, Oldham, Shelby lowest
- Jenny Wiley State Resort Park receives grant to install 30 recycling bins around camp grounds
- Fast-growing active-lifestyle restaurant CoreLife Eatery to open first Kentucky location in Florence
- Changing the Game: Toyota employees earn national ‘Women in Manufacturing’ Award
- State Department for Fish and Wildlife will auction surplus, confiscated items to public on May 1
Subscribe to Living
Mike Tirico will take the Triple Crown hosting reins from Tom Hammond, an award-winning member of NBC Sports’ horse racing team for more than three decades...
- More »
- Your Kentucky Home: Spring is in the air -- bring bright yellow and green colors inside
- Chef Foster: Additions to local restaurant scene leave consumers with more culinary choices
- The Summit at Fritz Farm begins three-day celebration with First Look Weekend events
- Science Guy: Don't use your forehead -- here's how you can crush a can using only air around us
- Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event to premiere 'Champions Live!' discussion panels on Sunday
Subscribe to Opinion
By Richard Nelson Special to KyForward Wheaties was a staple breakfast food in my childhood and between spoonfuls of the stuff that was supposed to make...
- More »
- Commentary: Any reform of Kentucky's tax code should meet three specific principles
- Bill Straub: Bevin stiff-arming state's media does disservice to public and pursuit of accountability
- Commentary: Is is possible that aerospace could be Kentucky's next big industry? Absolutely
- Constance Alexander: Tour of gaseous diffusion plant offers history buffs a real blast from the past
- Commentary: It's time to 'Plus It' to accomplish the impossible for benefit of Kentucky students