Keith Taylor: MacGinnis saves his best kick for last in UK’s dramatic 40-38 win over Mississippi State
Kentucky wasn’t perfect and neither was kicker Austin MacGinnis, but perfection wasn’t needed to overcome Mississippi State on Saturday night. The Wildcats (4-3, 3-2 Southeastern Conference) couldn’t put the pesky Bulldogs away until MacGinnis booted a career-high 51-yard field goal as time expired...
The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees Friday affirmed its approval last year to establish the John H. Schnatter Institute for the Study of Free Enterprise in the Gatton College of Business and Economics. In...
De’Aaron Fox had a tough act to follow when he arrived at Kentucky. He made it look easy Friday night. Following in the footsteps of Tyler Ulis, Fox made a good first impression in Kentucky’s annual...
Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Challenging conditions have affect on early returns from 2016-17 deer season
By Kevin Kelly Special to KyForward Shirt-sleeve temperatures. Treetops buffeted by high winds. Acorns crunching underfoot. Without question, hunters faced challenging conditions for the early muzzleloader...
Subscribe to Business
Gov. Matt Bevin announced that Gibbs Die Casting, a supplier of innovative, high-quality aluminum die cast components and assemblies will expand its North...
- More »
- Kentucky’s unemployment rate at 5 percent in September 2016, lower than national figures
- Wait, that’s made in Kentucky? Some products you may not have known are produced in the state
- Nine timely tips to help consumers, businesses to thwart 'ransomeware' attacks
- BBB Trends: ITT Tech closure causing chaos; know available options, beware scams
- Louisville's Multi Packaging Solutions presented Governor’s Safety and Health Award
Subscribe to Government
The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources will conduct its fall auction of surplus and confiscated items Oct. 31 at department headquarters...
- More »
- UK alumnus Covault named new executive director for Governor's School for the Arts
- Red Tape Reduction initiative could create growing economy, increase in income, study says
- City of Sacramento receives $500,000 Community Development Block Grant for fire station
- VOTE411: Lexington League of Women Voters joining nationwide online candidates' guide
- Election, U.S. Senate Part II: Incumbent Rand Paul on why he should remain your U.S. Senator
Subscribe to Health
The 30-day federal public comment period for Gov. Matt Bevin’s new Medicaid plan ended Oct. 8, but the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services...
- More »
- UK College of Nursing receives $2.6 million grant to promote rural caregivers’ cardiovascular health
- Lauze Volk: Adjust your lifestyle to combat seasonal affective disorder
- SmartHealthToday: Here are some tricks for a happier, healthier trick-or-treating experience
- Kentuckians urged to turn over unused, expired prescription drugs on National Drug Take-Back Day
- Cincinnati Children's, UK HealthCare name pediatric cardiothoracic surgery chief for Children's Hospital
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Fayette County Citizen Foster Care Review Boards are seeking volunteers to make a difference in the lives of local children in foster care. The boards...
- More »
- Kentucky Arts Access Assistance Grant to focus on families affected by long-term separation
- Free national search engine provides resources for missing persons cases
- Catholic Charities, attorney general's office receive federal grant to fight human trafficking
- UK athletics teaming with Lexington Rescue Mission for Coats for a Cause project
- Carnegie Center, leaders Seckel, Plomin selected to receive Kentucky Nonprofit Awards
Subscribe to Education
A 30-year veteran teacher at Bowling Green High School, Ron A. Skillern, is the 2017 Kentucky Teacher of the Year. Valvoline, Inc.and the Kentucky Department...
- More »
- MSU graduate program receives reaccreditation; faculty member gets Carnegie Fellowship
- EKU adult education programs in Madison, Clay counties rank among best in Kentucky
- Three Northern Kentucky schools among six to receive foundation grants to visit state parks
- Shared rain garden project at Bryan Station unites campus with common goals on sustainability
- UK Biology Department celebrates Thomas Hunt Morgan's birthday with panel discussion
Subscribe to Sports
Keith Taylor: MacGinnis saves his best kick for last in UK’s dramatic 40-38 win over Mississippi StateKentucky wasn’t perfect and neither was kicker Austin MacGinnis, but perfection wasn’t needed to overcome Mississippi State on Saturday night. The...
- More »
- Cards make amends for hiccup against Duke, rip Wolfpack to restate their playoff case
- Keith Taylor: De'Aaron Fox steals show, makes good first impression in Blue-White scrimmage
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Challenging conditions have affect on early returns from 2016-17 deer season
- Legends release 2017 schedule, open first homestand with seven games
- Keith Taylor: Stoops hopeful UK can avoid second-half meltdown and reach postseason
Subscribe to News
The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees Friday affirmed its approval last year to establish the John H. Schnatter Institute for the Study of Free...
- More »
- Cyberattack disrupts internet, shuts down popular websites, Twitter, more across East Coast
- Kentucky continues decline as one of worst states for K-12 core funding, report says
- Kentucky Supreme Court invalidates minimum wage measures passed by Lexington, Louisville
- Beshear teams with U.S. Postal service to unveil scam alert consumer protection campaign
- 25-year game changer: Toyota, NCFL pioneer family literacy initiative; two million families impacted
Subscribe to Region/State
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner Ryan Quarles joined officials of Houchens Industries to announce the launch of dozens of Kentucky Proud products in Houchens-owned...
- More »
- Kentucky Equine Education Project's Industry Conference set a precedent: More to come
- Telecommunications assistance will easier to obtain for eligible veterans, survivors, PSC says
- State of LGBTQ equality in eight Kentucky cities detailed in HRC’s Municipal Equality Index
- Rural Blog: Cheap natural gas, not air-pollutuion regulation, is main reason for coal's decline
- Farm to School Month spotlights efforts to get more local foods into Kentucky schools
Subscribe to Living
The University of Kentucky Department of Theatre and Dance will return to the stage this fall with what many feel is a fitting production for Halloween...
- More »
- Lyn Hacker: At first her tattoos were a curiosity that got our attention, then she was Tatts, and one of us
- Chef Foster: Marketing important for local organic farms, but ultimately it's really about the food
- PumpkinMania: Transylvania continues annual Halloween tradition on steps of Old Morrison
- Lexington receives top honors, national recognition for its beautification efforts
- Keven Moore: Do your homework, look carefully before acquiring another business
Subscribe to Opinion
The Madison County Jail Task Force Report released this past June identified a number of concerns regarding overcrowding and prisoner recidivism that are...
- More »
- Bill Straub: When it comes to Trump's baseless charges of vote rigging, McConnell is oddly silent
- Constance Alexander: Nobel Laureate for Literature Bob Dylan also provided inspiration for columnist
- Mike Denham: Domestic Violence Awareness Month provides chance for closer examination of issue
- Commentary: Important decisions on public investments shouldn't be based on false choices
- Commentary: The breadth and depth of the University of Kentucky