By Berry Craig KyForward columnist Dec. 7, 1941, seemed like an ordinary Sunday morning in port for Gunner’s Mate Third Class James Allard Vessels of Paducah. His ship, the USS Arizona, was one of seven battleships moored in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. The navy called the lineup of powerful dreadnoughts...
One of Kentucky’s most beautiful landmarks, Natural Bridge spans Powell and Wolfe counties and contains some 20 miles of hiking trails. Come along for a visit. Kentucky is a state defined by its...
By Gary Bentley Special to KyForward I was still working on a crew cutting a new slope entrance to the mine. As we cut deeper into the mountain, we went through different strata. When the material changed,...
By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward Parents, guardians, and other caregivers need to know they are valued partners in their students’ journey through Fayette County Public Schools. That’s why Miranda...
Subscribe to Business
One of Kentucky’s most beautiful landmarks, Natural Bridge spans Powell and Wolfe counties and contains some 20 miles of hiking trails. Come along...
- More »
- Commerce Lexington's Greathouse recognized with KAED Professional of the Year Award
- Advanced Green Components joint venture turns to KY Career Center for help filling jobs; still hiring
- Current year Kentucky net farm income likely to reach lowest level since 2010; cattle hard hit
- Deadline extended for new training program to assist minorities, women in construction industry
- Lexmark announces completion of acquisition by Apex Technology and PAG Asia Capital
Subscribe to Government
Kentucky Department for Energy Development and Independence announced that heading into the winter heating season the state’s residential propane and...
- More »
- Yarmuth named top Democrat on House Budget Committee, will have role in Obamacare debate
- Lifeline Program for low-income consumers expands broadband coverage, subsity eligibility
- Lexington Police Department partners with Nextdoor, private social network for neighborhoods
- Drought may mean farmers in 10 southeastern Kentucky counties are eligible for federal aid
- House Republican Majority announces new leadership team for 2017 legislative session
Subscribe to Health
Ignore the election results, rhetoric — shop around for the best deal on subsidized health insuranceBy Trudy Lieberman Rural Health News Service Even though the election is over and Republicans are in a position to repeal and replace Obamacare as they’ve...
- More »
- SmartHealthToday: Ten tips for thriving with diabetes during the holidays -- it takes discipline
- Teen birth rates are declining faster in urban counties than rural ones, nationally and in Kentucky
- Lauze Volk: Five quick ways to work in fitness to your routine over the holidays
- Decisions: Is it better to head to the emergency room or should you wait for your doctor?
- SmartHealthToday: Holiday coffee flavors may be worse for you than regular year-round choices
Subscribe to Philanthropy
DanceBlue announced that the 2017 dance marathon will begin at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, and conclude 24 hours later, at 8 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 26. The countdown...
- More »
- KSP's seventh annual Cram the Cruiser Food Drive continues through Dec. 11 at area Kroger's
- Cookies with Santa is coming back to Baptist Health Eastpoint on Sunday
- Two UK programs to benefit from 2016 GoodGiving Guide Challenge
- Firefighting Support Grants totaling $10,213 announced for fire, rescue organizations
- Kentucky is #20 on WalletHub's list of Most Charitable States -- and #GivingTuesday looms
Subscribe to Education
By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward Parents, guardians, and other caregivers need to know they are valued partners in their students’ journey through...
- More »
- EKU among five partners for Top Hawk Program; will receive new Cessna aircraft next year
- KCTCS Board of Regents receives highest ranking from independent public accounting firm
- UK colleges team up to develop a video game to educate young family farmers, help prevent injuries
- On the Mend: UK Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation helps young athlete regain abilities
- Henry Clay descendant kicks off tenure on Center for Statesmanship Board
Subscribe to Sports
By Russ Brown KyForward correspondent LOUISVILLE — University of Louisville football coach Bobby Petrino says he learned a valuable lesson from the...
- More »
- Jacksonville bound: Kentucky to take on Georgia Tech in Taxslayer Gator Bowl on Dec. 31
- It's LEXI!: Lexington Center announces name for Rupp Arena's new giant video board
- Keith Taylor: Setback to UCLA will serve as an early learning experience for Kentucky
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Gift ideas for the outdoors enthusiast include Kentucky Afield Calendar
- Top-ranked Kentucky expecting a shootout against No. 11 Bruins in marquee showdown
Subscribe to News
Gov. Matt Bevin said his proposed changes in the Medicaid program have a better chance of getting federal approval under the incoming Trump administration. “Do...
- More »
- Kentucky Lottery sales remain ahead of last year, but still slightly below budget expectations
- International drug testing company LGC expands Lexington anti-doping facility
- Monster Energy to replace Sprint as entitlement sponsor for NASCAR's premier series
- New study shows Kentucky to be ninth least vulnerable state to identity theft, fraud
- Unemployment rates down in 82 Kentucky counties in October 2016; Woodford leads at 3 percent
Subscribe to Region/State
By Berry Craig KyForward columnist Dec. 7, 1941, seemed like an ordinary Sunday morning in port for Gunner’s Mate Third Class James Allard Vessels of...
- More »
- Kentucky Downs’ Turf Sprint, Ladies Turf among only eight new Grade III stakes in U.S., Canada
- Rodney 'Biz' Cain, NKY banker and businessman, served in Patton administration, dies at 78
- Unique holiday experience: Relive the magic of 'Polar Express' with one of these Santa-themed excursions
- Elmer Davis Lake in Owen County will close this month for shad eradication
- Tours, meals, entertainment and more featured during holidays at Kentucky State Parks
Subscribe to Living
By Gary Bentley Special to KyForward I was still working on a crew cutting a new slope entrance to the mine. As we cut deeper into the mountain, we went...
- More »
- A Cathedral Christmas: Lexington Philharmonic continues holiday concert programming
- Chef Foster: Food may not solve all the world's problems, but it certainly gets us talking
- Volunteers complete revitalization of Red Mile Trace Trail with help of $20,000 grant from Lowe's
- Keven Moore: Who knew that line-cutting was safe and acceptable? Just use the zipper-merge!
- Science Guy: Static electricity ornament brings a little science to Christmas decorating
Subscribe to Opinion
By Stephen Pruitt Special to KyForward Last month, I had the pleasure to attend a book premier party, but this was no ordinary launch event. It was the...
- More »
- Commentary: In and out of abuse foster care, she survived, joins First Lady's Youth Leadership Council
- U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack: We should expect more of our government
- Bill Straub: Chao as transportation secretary could place McConnell in a bind over infrastructure
- Constance Alexander: Under any name, vision of Murray Elementary anthology hasn't waivered
- Ryan Quarels: Too many Kentuckians going hungry -- consider what you can to do change that