Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has an idea of what to expect when the Wildcats open the season Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium. Even though Kentucky and Southern Mississippi haven’t met in three decades, the Eagles, winless in two tries against the Wildcats, will have a familiar look, especially on offense. Kentucky...
By Steve Flairty KyForward columnist No one should ever question David Armstrong, former Western Kentucky Hilltopper quarterback, UK coaching staff member, and now a football recruiting scout’s willingness...
Seventy-two Tri-State veterans and their guardians will take an Honor Flight from Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Tuesday, destined for Washington D.C. to see memorials and participate...
Forget the drugs, physical therapy is better choice for management of chronic pain not related to cancer
By Tony English Special to KyForward According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), sales of prescription opioids have quadrupled in the United States since 1999, even though there...
Subscribe to Business
By Sandra Guile Better Business Bureau Service repair industries such as locksmiths, plumbers, appliance repair, and heating/cooling are often on-call...
- More »
- Free conference in Eastern Kentucky to focus on ways to revitalize Appalachian economy
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Meet the Lowes, finalists for KFB's Outstanding Young Farm Family contest
- UPS breaks ground on $310 million expansion in Louisville; 300 new jobs will be created
- Unemployment rates down in 93 Kentucky counties in July 2016; Fayette, Woodford among lowest
- Newport will be the first Smart City in the Midwest, says tech company Nexigen, SmartLINK's developer
Subscribe to Government
Gov. Matt Bevin has appointed Andy Sims, of Nicholasville, as the Commonwealth’s Attorney for the 13th Judicial Circuit of Kentucky. Sims has served...
- More »
- Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet sets September agency meeting schedule
- Youth services reform veteran Cockerell picked to lead Kentucky’s Juvenile Justice Department
- Bevin names three to tobacco research board; Moseley to Louisville Tourist Commission
- Over 800 local elected officials in attendance for annual Governor's Local Issues Conference
- Vido named new director for enforcement at state Department for Alcoholic Beverage Control
Subscribe to Health
Forget the drugs, physical therapy is better choice for management of chronic pain not related to cancerBy Tony English Special to KyForward According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), sales of prescription opioids have quadrupled in...
- More »
- Critics call for more transparency when pharmacy managers decide which drugs are covered
- An experienced research participant makes a potentially life-saving personal discovery
- Bevin's Medicaid proposal remains largely unchanged from June draft, approval uncertain
- Creative solutions needed to combat the national problem of skyrocketing drug prices
- SmartHealthToday: When to consider getting a joint replacement? There's really no simple answer
Subscribe to Philanthropy
University of Kentucky students, faculty and staff have the opportunity to save lives during the first campus blood drives of the school year scheduled...
- More »
- Calipari Basketball Fantasy Experience again generates more than $1 million for charity
- Calipari Foundation partners with American Red Cross to donate funds for Louisiana flood relief
- Third annual Savory Cycle to showcase Bluegrass sights, cuisine, and music; benefits Broke Spoke
- Zepeda, Rider, Hammons to be recognized for service during Kentucky Summit on Philanthropy
- Kentucky Horse Park program offers admission support for some state schools for field trips
Subscribe to Education
As the new school year begins, several Kentucky schools are working to increase student movement, with one elementary school in Louisville investing in...
- More »
- Spurred by record freshman class, Centre College enrollment hits all-time high of 1,425 students this fall
- New U of L budget provides students with opportunity to negate tuition increase, freeze costs
- Centre program provides interns with a chance to take on the nation's capital among other challenges
- UK Veterinary Diagnostic Lab director Carter wins international veterinary medicine prize
- Kentucky graduates make incremental gains on ACT scores overall, dropped in mathematics
Subscribe to Sports
Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has an idea of what to expect when the Wildcats open the season Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium. Even though Kentucky and Southern...
- More »
- Former prep standout Moberly sets new single round record in EKU women's golf tourney
- Fall camp has been fun for Petrino, Cardinals; now it's time to 'cut it loose' for the opener
- Legends’ final homestand of season opens Tuesday; Noel to throw first pitch Wednesday
- University of Louisville athletics adds lots of new fan features at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium for 2016
- Shorebirds craft early six-run lead before holding off Legends' comeback, 7-5
Subscribe to News
By Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health News Children and teens should consume no more than six teaspoons of added sugars a day and drink no more than one 8-ounce...
- More »
- Rash of heroin overdoses in region have state officials concerned drugs came from same batch
- State Supreme Court rejects Lexington abortion clinic bid to stay open while it challenges Appeals Court
- KyCIR: Trump campaign experiencing major summer surge in Kentucky political donations
- Feds send over $12 million in economic development grants to Kentucky's SOAR region
- Woodford exploring syringe exchange; county attorney says problem 'only going to get worse'
Subscribe to Region/State
Marc C. Ferrell’s VinMar Farm announced Tuesday that it will offer a complete dispersal of its Thoroughbred holdings at Keeneland’s 2016 September...
- More »
- UK College of Agriculture receives $1.5 million grant for work to revitalize southeastern Kentucky towns
- Honor Flight takes off from CVG Tuesday as 72 tri-state veterans, guardians head to Washington D.C.
- Guthrie, Bevin announce plans to designate I-65 spur on section of Natcher Parkway
- Daily Yonder: Miner would do anything to fit in with older peers, but does he gave guts to pick up chaw?
- Calvin Borel's unretirement day -- gets a third and a fourth -- and a big lovefest from Ellis Park fans
Subscribe to Living
By Steve Flairty KyForward columnist No one should ever question David Armstrong, former Western Kentucky Hilltopper quarterback, UK coaching staff member,...
- More »
- Red, White and Booming: Music concert grows, Whitaker Bank Ballpark gains stature as venue
- Berry Craig: Challenging Britain's highest peak one more time was the best ... and worst of times
- UK Art Museum kicks off retrospective of Louis Zoellar Bickett this weekend
- The Lyric Theatre & Cultural Arts Center begins new luncheon series featuring art therapy theme
- DanceBlue among organizations benefitting from Coach Calipari's Celebrity Softball Classic
Subscribe to Opinion
FRANKFORT – At their core, the major American holidays are bound by a common thread: They remind us of who we are and what we stand for, each and every...
- More »
- Commentary: Lack of transportation options have affect on health, livelihood, economy and more
- Commentary: Bevin's Medicaid waiver plan a thinly veiled effort to take health care away from poor
- Billy Reed: Imagining a Kentucky where Bevin decided to use governing style to 'help' our sports
- Commentary: Some issues addressed in revised Medicaid waiver, but concerns remain
- Bill Straub: Barr seems more concerned with plight of the banks than helping the truly needy